Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Election Night #2

After I went to vote Isaac asked me if he could have my sticker. I told him that I got my sticker because I voted. He asked me for it throughout the day. When it was time for bed he put his nicest shirt on and started down the stairs. I asked him where he was going, he told me he was going to vote. So I made him a ballot, asked him who he wanted to vote for, put a star above the name and told him to fill in the box. Unfortunately, his vote doesn't count but there's nothing like starting early.
P.S. I don't know why he thought he needed a nice shirt. Maybe it's because Matt wears a nice shirt to work and he associated voting with daddy and work. Whatever it was it was funny.

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Emily, I LOVE it. You're a crack up. And Isaac is, too. Great idea!

Amanda said...

That's precious!

Kristin Morgan said...

So cute! I love it! He's getting bigger and bigger too!

April McEvoy said...

such a cute story :) Good job teaching him early to perform his civic duty!

amy said...

super cute!
Amy