Sunday, June 14, 2009

Why do dragons have fire?


A few days ago, the boys were bored and I had a few things I needed to do in the kitchen. I asked if they wanted to color. They did, so I got them settled and started taking care of my chores. After a few minutes Isaac asked if I could draw him a dragon. I informed him that I didn't really know how to draw a dragon. "Mom, they have sharp teeth and fire," was his reply. With my new extensive knowledge of dragon drawing I drew him a dragon, then I drew one for Miles because he, of course wanted one too.
They both continued coloring, and I went back to work. A few more minutes passed then Isaac asked me "Mom, why do dragons have fire?" I replied "You know what honey, I really don't know. That is a good question." He looked at me for a few seconds with his thoughtful little eyes and then asked "Do they eat hot sauce?"


One more Isaac saying just for fun.
On Saturday we went to the water park as a family. Many of you know that Matt sunburns extremely fast so he usually swims with his T-shirt on. We were packing up to leave so Matt took his wet T-shirt off to dry off. Isaac looked up at him, once again with that thoughtful expression and asked "Daddy, do you have fur?"

4 comments:

Neal said...

Thank you for making me laugh out loud... ; )

Super Kimmie said...

Here's a second thank you for making me laugh out loud too - I'll have to watch how much hot sauce I eat - don't want to turn into a dragon.

Grandpa Toad said...

I love thoughtful questioning!! It really made me laugh out load. Matt if your fur is a worry we have some laser "fur" removal places we can send you to.

Holly said...

Hey Em,

Are you going to post the party pics on your blog? Love ya!