Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day!!

We started out the day by going to a parade in DC. The boys thought it was awesome, and were very good, for the most part.
We spent the day walking around the Mall and then found a great spot to watch fireworks. Independence Day is definitely one of my favorite holidays. I have a brother in the Army, my dad served in the Air Force, and both of my grandpas served in WWII. I am so proud of our country and my family's military history. Plus, who doesn't love fireworks? GO AMERICA!!!!
To finish off the weekend I made this dessert. I am a little embarsassed to say that we ate the entire pan in one night.

4 comments:

Super Kimmie said...

Sure looks and sounds like you guys had a great time - can't wait to see you guys. Hurry and get here already. See you soon.

Utah Valley Sports Network said...

Love these pictures. Glad you can spend time together.

HeatherM said...

hey!!! I met someone today moving to DC is that where you are?

Mamu Lou said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe how big the boys are getting- it's been way too long since we've seen you in person!!