Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sanderson Family Thanksgiving Feast

This year for Thanksgiving we decided to have our own family Thanksgiving dinner. I have to admit, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. I was missing our families and wishing we had someone to spend the day with.


But, we decided to try having our own Thanksgiving Feast and I am so glad we did. I have never done a Thanksgiving dinner on my own and we had a great time. I cheated on the turkey and the rolls (I put a turkey breast in a crock pot and bought Rhodes rolls) But I made everything else.




The boys thought it was so fun. They both had hats they had made in school (Isaac's was a turkey, Miles was an Native American Indian) and they made place cards for everyone in the family. The whole weekend was wonderful. But, of course everything is always more fun when Matt is around.

5 comments:

Neal said...

Love Isaac's turkey hat!!! We sure missed you guys this year. We're going to have to work on that... ; )

amy said...

Looks like a yummy meal! I don't think rhodes rolls and turkey roast should be considered cheating! I love the boys hats, and Ella is so darling!

Paul E Wog said...

We missed you here but it looks like you had a wonderful feast.

Nat said...

Wow I can't believe you cooked the whole thing by yourself. I don't know if I could have managed that but it looks like fun. Hey could I get your address by chance? If you wouldn't mind emailing it to me at natran2@yahoo.com. Hope you guys are doing well. Love ya

Shelly said...

Looks like a great meal! I love the picture of you and Eleanor. We are excited to see you guys in another week or so. Have a great Christmas!