I love Christmas lights, Christmas trees, Christmas movies, Christmas music and everything that comes along with it. I love the birth of our Savior and that He chose to come to earth in such a humle, magical way.
Since I love Christmas so much, I thought I would share some of my favorite traditions. So, I am going to tell you about Jingles. Jingles is our family elf. "I don't have a family elf," you may say. Well I think you do, you just need to give him/her a name. Jingles was introduced into our family by my Aunt Gayle. His job is to let Santa know if we have been naughty or nice. From about this time of year till Christmas you would hear my mom say "Oh! I just saw a flash of red jump over the fence, I bet it was Jingles. I hope he isn't going to tell Santa how messy your room is." Or, "I thought I heard some jingle bells up stairs, I hope Jingles didn't hear you kids fighting." Besides keeping tabs on all of us kids Jingles also brought Pajamas and left them under our pillows. No matter how many times I ran up the stairs to check my pillow I never could catch him. Although, one years I did notice my dad with some odd lumps under his shirt. I am so excited to introduce Jingles to Isaac, and to have another tool to help him behave ;)

P.S. I don't know if this is what Jingles looks like, I just know that he wore red and green because those are the flashes of color my mom always saw when he was running through our house or out in the yard. I expect that this year I will start seeing flashes of green and red. Stay tuned for more tradions.
2 comments:
'Jingles' helped Cooper eat his lunch today.
I love this time of year, not only for the joy of the Christmas season, but also the fact I can get my kids to behave... because 'Jingles' is watching!
I loved reading about your jingles memories! I saw a flash of red the other day, it was at at time when your dad was misbehaving!! Hum...I wonder how good his Christmas will be this year!!!
Post a Comment