Sunday, March 1, 2009

A visit from Grandpa Tom and Grammy Kimmy

We were so glad to have Grandma and Grandpa S. visit, and the boys have had so much fun and have been thoroughly spoiled. They are so lucky to have such wonderful grandparents on both sides. We had a blast and took lots of pictures. Sorry--they are our of order but, you'll get the idea. Tom had a funeral conference in Williamsburg, so the boys and I went with them. Our hotel room was right next to the James River. There was a fun little beach, the boys loved looking at the boats and picking up sea shells.

Sitting in the rocking chairs just after breakfast. Gotta love Cracker Barrell.

Worst. Mood. Ever. Isaac was tired and extremely out of sorts. I gave him my i-pod to listen to, and as long as no one looked at him he was okay.

"My hat it has three corners." (Matt just told me he doesn't know that song, sorry if you don't either)
The Jamestown settlement was so cool. This is on one of the boats. Isaac loved this part the best. He is steering the boat. The boats were not too big, but they sure did cram a whole lot of people in there.
My boy is so funny. He fell down and sat there saying "uh-oh" until I acknowledged him and asked if he was okay.

A couple of soldiers ready for battle. This is inside of the Jamestown fort.


These pictures were taken outside of an Indian hut, Isaac is smashing the corn. This Indian village was so cool. There were several huts, with all the tools and beds that the indians would use. They let you go through them and use some of the tools and try doing some of the chores.


Each hut held one family. This was the bed that the whole family shared. Looks a bit cramped to me. So glad Isaac took the opportunity to lay down on the filthy fur.

Isaac is scraping the hide.
This is a lookout tower that the young boys would sit in to make sure that nothing ate the crops.
There was a fun little park just outside our room. Miles obviously likes the slide.

Grammy and Grandpa both read a lot of books. Thanks so much for coming, Tom and Kim!!!

4 comments:

Super Kimmie said...

We had a blast and miss you guys already!

Neal said...

Awesome pics...isn't it great when they visit?!?!?!!

Seth & Mel said...

Emily,
I tried singing that song for Logan this past week and he was so confused. He just kept asking why would a hat have a corner. I didn't have an example to show him.

Mel

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I have to take a second look everytime I look at Miles... because that is the way that I remember Isaac. They are both so cute.