Saturday, June 27, 2009

Party!!!

Isaac was so excited to have a birthday party. We have made such great friends here and we had a great time. I sort of wish someone would have told me to get my huge belly out of the picture. Oh well. Isaac loves volcanoes. I have to say, this was the easiest cake I have had to make.
We decided to erupt the volcano Isaac made. Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture of the actual volcano. The kids all thought it was awesome and I went through about half a bottle of vinegar.
This was the lamest pinata ever. We never could get any candy in it, and it never broke apart. We just let the kids hit it for a while and then threw candy on the floor.
I like this picture because of the chaos. Isaac is running, trying to get out of the way, and I am unsucessfully trying to give directions.
One more of the cake, just for fun. I don't know why I didn't pull the chips out from behind, but you get the general idea.


Opening presents!!!

6 comments:

Neal said...

First of all...I love that your volcano cake has chips erupting out of it. I want one of THOSE!

Second, the description of the pinata made me laugh out loud. I can only imagine the kids wailing on that thing...and you throwing candy on the floor. TOO MUCH!

Kristin Morgan said...

Awesome job on the cake!!!

April McEvoy said...

Em- I am amazed over and over again at how talented you are! The cake is awesome! Hope you are doing well... baby #3, i can't believe it!

Roma said...

Em-you are the BOMB.com when it comes to volcano cakes! You didn't get that talent from your mother! Great job!!!

Holly said...

Happy B-day Isaac!

Emily P said...

looks like a good time. I love the cake Em!