Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summertime

It has been stinkin hot out here. So, several times a week we turn on the sprinkler and the boys cool off. I also bought a cheap $1o kiddie pool and Eleanor loves it. She sits in there and splashes herself and tries to drink the water. I only wish I could join her(just the splashing, not drinking the water). Unfortunately the only grass we have is in the front and I'm afraid the neighbors would think I'm a little strange.
A few weeks ago, I pulled out the wagon and cleaned it out and put on the seat belts. Ella loves it. Why is it that a wagon is so much better than a stroller?




My little baby girl has discovered watermelon. She devoured this entire piece without a single tooth. Pretty talented huh?



I gave the boys their summer hair cuts. They think it's super cool that they look like Grandpa Pete.




Our buddy Tate moved a few weeks ago. The boys have been pretty lonsome for him, and I have really been missing his mom. Before they left the boys got to have a movie night. I must have taken this picture at a really intense moment.








Miles fell asleep on the way to Target. There was no way I was going back so I layed Eleanor's blanket on the bottom of the cart and put him in. I used to see kids like this at the store and think "why don't his parents take him home and put him in his bed." Now, I know that it is way easier to shop when one of your children is unconscious. He slept almost the entire time and woke up quite happy.
p.s. I am looking for a good fun book. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Super Kimmie said...

Have you read the Guernsey Literary and Poatao Peel Pie Socitey? It's a really fun read.

Molly said...

Kim took my suggestion. But Stacie Pettingill says "The Hunger Games" is really good. I'm planning on starting that one as soon as I can get to the book store or library.

It looks like you guys are having a fun summer! Hopefully we'll get to come and join you for part of it!

Kristine said...

Ella's eyes are so incredible! I love the picture of her eating watermelon. I have to say we must shop at the same places because in Isaac's b-day party picture my boys have all of those shirts too!