Needless to say, I was upset and terrified that it could come back so quickly. When they picked me up at the airport though, they were smiling and in good spirits.
Of course there were a lot of tears shed but there was also a lot of laughter and some very special moments. My Dad gave me a father's blessing which was so special and such a comfort to me. I feel so blessed to have the parents that I do. They are such strong amazing people and I love them so much.
My Dad is a fighter and feels like he needs to fight for more time. So, he is going in for another surgery tomorow (Friday). I am sure he must be scared, but he has been a strength to all of us.
My mom's work puts on a triathalon to earn money for "Share a Smile" (a non-profit organization) every year. My brother in law, brother, 3 of my nieces of and nephews and I decided to try it this year. This picture is me right after the swim. I wasn't sure which way to go.
Here I am on the bike ride. My sister in law let me borrow her super sweet bike and I have to say it was AWESOME. I made up for the time that I lost almost drowning myself in the swim.


I have to say, this triathalon was a blast!!! It was a 400 meter swim, 10 mile bike, and 5K run. 
It was the perfect length for a beginner and it was sweet to be doing it for a good cause and in honor of my awesome Dad.
We decided it would be fun to make shirts for all the racers in our family. They say "This one's for Juan." No, my Dad's name is not Juan, it's Paul. A long time ago my brother started calling him Pablo, then Juan Pablo, then just Juan. We have a hard time being serious about anything and I think it is funny that my mom saw the shirt on one of the kids and knew exactly who the shirt was for without even knowing who the kid was.
It was the perfect length for a beginner and it was sweet to be doing it for a good cause and in honor of my awesome Dad.
It was a hard trip but I am so glad I was there. Our family has always been close but we have really pulled together since my dad got sick.
I had to put this up to prove I finished, plus you can see my cute niece Molly at the end.
I had to put this up to prove I finished, plus you can see my cute niece Molly at the end.
6 comments:
You rock! Great pics from the Trialthlon!!!!
Em! I am so impressed with the race. That is awesome. Also, I am really sorry about your Dad. I hope good news comes soon.
The Sandersons are ROCKS- physically, mentally, spiritually- and the Triathalon is the perfect metaphor for the journey of strength you are all on now with "Juan". Sending everyone my love and prayers. XO!
P.S. Silly thing won't let me change my "name" from alterego to Rachel. It's me. ;)
Loved your post Em. I'm so glad you could come out and spend time with Dad and I. We so love having our kids around us. Thanks for all your help while you were here! Love ya mom
Great job on the triathlon! One of these days you too will own a Carlos and ride sooo fast. Anytime you come to visit you can borrow him :)
Post a Comment