Thursday, October 28, 2010

A visit from my parents

My Parents were able to come and visit us this month. We were so excited and greatful to have them. After we found out about my dad's second tumor I was worried he wouldn't be able to make it. I should not have worried. They are both tough cookies.


My Dad had never seen the war memorials in the day time so we took a stroll down on the mall.
We also took a trip to the National Zoo. I love our zoo, it's a nice place to walk around. We met my dad's brother and his family there and it was a great time. I'm not sure if you can see it but, there is a lion behind my dad's head. The lion was awesome and was up and walking around and roaring. Eleanor was freaking out because she wanted to pet it. Miles spent the rest of the day roaring. Really, Isaac and Miles roared most of their stay. Boys.



We took a day trip up to Gettysburg national battlefield. The leaves were beautiful and it was a perfect day.







I am pretty sure that Miles thinks that Grandpa Pete came just to see him. They were inseparable. Miles would sit by him and watch movies while he rested and hang around and chat with him the rest of the time. Ella warmed up pretty quickly too and had Grandma and Grandpa wrapped around her little chubby fingers.
Isaac really loved having them here too but, because he had to go to school he didn't get as much time. He did inform me every morning that he only wanted Grandma to pick him up from the bus stop and would ask where Grandpa was as soon as he walked through the door.

It was so wonderful to have them here. I always love to go home and visit but it was so special to have my parents to myself. I am already lonesome for both of them.

8 comments:

Neal said...

Great pics! I love that last one of Miles and your Dad. Fantastic shot ; ) I love your blog...

Super Kimmie said...

What a fun week - so glad they were able to come. And I also love the picture of Miles and your Dad - so cute!

Emily P said...

Cute Em! Your Dad looks great. Can't wait to see HAlloween costumes.

Nat said...

Loved your post. Your Dad looks good I'm so glad he was still able to come out and visit. I've been thinking about you guys. I hope all is going well.

Shelly said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful visit! I am glad everything went o well! :)

Roma said...

It was a perfect trip! Everything went so well. Prayers really are answered aren't they! Love ya!

alterego said...

I'm so happy they came and that you all had such a wonderful time. Thinking of and missing you. xo- Rachel

Grandpa Toad said...

Ahh the good times and sweet memories for all. We love you guys!!