Sunday, April 10, 2011

Isaac these days

Isaac T has suddenly gotten very big. He is doing great in school. He is reading so well and writing well too. He asked me for a journal and he has spent the last two days filling it up with "science stuff"









Despite the fact that he is doing so well with his reading it is still hard work for him so we made a deal that if he practiced his reading without complaining I would read a whole chapter from a book every night to him and he could just listen. We started with the Box Car Children and it was a HUGE hit!! We usually ended up reading more than one chapter because we all enjoyed it so much. We just started the second book.











A couple of weeks ago we decided it was time to have Isaac learn to ride his bike. He was reluctant and nervous and we had some tearful afternoons. But, he has it now and is a champ. He now likes to ride as fast as he can and than slam on the breaks to see if he can make skid marks.











Isaac is such a good pleasant boy. When he decides to be he is so helpful and happy. He pretends more than any little boy I have ever seen. He loves to pretend like he's a scientist, dinasaur, super hero, missionary, astronaut, dragon, paleontologist, shark, you name it. His little sister loves him to death and he is really good with her. He is sweet to always include his little brother, who worships him. I feel lucky that he has been so patient with me since he is the oldest and therefore our guinea pig.

3 comments:

Grandpa Toad said...

How great is Isaac. Such a good example and the best big brother anyone could have. I am so proud of his accomplishments and the kind of young man he is becoming. We love you Isaac.

Molly said...

He is such a cute boy! I always feel bad Macy has to be our guinea pig, but I guess someone has to do it, right???

amy said...

Great pictures Em. I can't believe how big Isaac is getting. What a good boy. Your kids are so dang cute. I can't wait to see what the next one will be!