Yes, I realize I have done about five posts in one hour, but, I needed to catch up so I could do this post. Matt and his friend have been training for the past 15 weeks to run a marathon. So, last weekend we got ready and drove to Danville PA to watch him run the race and have a great family weekend. Unfortunately, Matt started running a Fever the day before and really wasn't feeling well. He decided to at least try to run it. Things got pretty ugly from there. He started out all right, then started puking along with a myriad of other issues that come with the flu. Being the determined man that he is, he pushed through it all and finished his race. It definitely wasn't the race he had imagined running but we are all so proud of him. I don't think I would have started it feeling the way he felt let alone finish it. I was crying by the time he finished, I was so worried about him. He spent the next three days sicker than sick. Luckily he is feeling better now and is talking about running his next marathon. He is the man!
![]() |
| The Start |
![]() |
| Around mile 11 |
![]() |
| Almost done |
| Finished. |



5 comments:
That is awesome!!
Congrats, Matt! Marathons are addicting! ;) I'll be running my 2nd on June 9th- super proud of you!
Matt you are the man! Great Job!!!!!
Totally awesome!!
Emily! Your kids (and you two :) are absolutely adorable! It is so fun to see a snapshot of your life because it's been too long! And tell Matt congrats on the marathon! I wasn't even sick with the flu when I ran mine and I still thought it was torture. I hope someday we can get together!!!
Post a Comment